Share your gifts and talents with the community. There are many ways to get involved.
DCS parents are asked to complete 12 hours of volunteer time at the school each school year as well as to submit $240. At DCS, we use the On Volunteer program to:
- Track family volunteer hours (scheduled or ad hoc)
- Alert parents of volunteer opportunities from committees, classrooms, and the office
- Allow parents to sign up for volunteer opportunities
The unique URL for the DCS volunteer portal login is: http://dcs.onvolunteers.com. Log into your OnVolunteers account to sign up for volunteer opportunities and to log your ad-hoc hours. If you need help accessing your account, please contact [email protected]
Parent Volunteer Handbook
***Note that all current volunteers will require a recent criminal record check from the past three years. Please check with the office if you are uncertain about your status.
The community of Delta Christian School knows that the service of our volunteers is priceless. The time, the skills, the care and effort that is put into every job is vital to our students and staff. We believe that volunteering should be a partnership, one that is equally fulfilling for each of us. God leads us to serve others, and volunteering is an excellent way to live out our faith every day. Each volunteer, through their service, is helping students succeed in school and beyond these walls. There are a number of ways to volunteer at DCS, and we want to help you find the place where you are best able to use your time, your interests and your skills.
- In House: library helper, emergency preparedness, lunch time supervision, office support, teacher assistant
- Parent Action Committee: parent helper, hot lunch, family picnic, staff dinner and appreciation, walk-a-thon, dinner concert, grandparents days, pastor’s brunch
- Development: fall drive, church liaison, donor relations, silent auction, marketing, event planning
- Building and Grounds: maintenance coordinator, landscaping, electrical, plumbing, snow removal, painting
- Music and Special Event Program: tech support, promotions, stage set-up and take-down, costuming
- Middle School Sports: coaching, chaperoning, hospitality for home tournaments, etc.
- Technology: web design, SEO, sound technician, database management, computer maintenance, graphic design, social media, printing, videography